Saturday, August 26, 2017

Learning their stories Week 61

Bonjour à tous!

I hope you have all had a good week! Sorry I don't have a lot of time for emails today because we are flying into Lyon today for MLC tomorrow.

We have had a really good first week together, I love Soeur Gowans and we work together really well. We have had some really cool little miracles this week, that have actually all been with transport contacting!

On Thursday we went down to Béziers to pick up our titre de séjour (legality that lets me stay in France) and yay we are both legal! Coming home we took a big intercity train and ended up sitting next to this really cool man named Marc. He is retired and just finished hiking the alps for a month, and he was heading home to Bordeaux see his wife again(who usually hikes with him.) He was so nice and was showing us all of the pictures he had taken (I loved getting to see the mountains) He gave us some wild lavender he had picked and so I'm exchange we gave him a Temples and family brochure:) He wasn't super interested in the church, but he told us he would read the brochure and I know how much power there is in learning about the temple!

On Friday we went out to pass some less actives, as we were going I talked to this really sweet lady who at the start of our conversation wasn't interested at all, but as we kept talking she became more nicer and you could see her heart soften as she and I opened up. As we got off the bus she asked me if I wanted to take her number and then when she gets back from vacance in September we could see her and talk:)

We have been able to meet some other really incredible people this week, i think that's one of the things I love about missions is the amazing people that we get to meet and talk with each day. To be honest it is still scary for me to try and talk with strangers, but I'm growing to love it a lot more. It's a really incredible thing to see how different we all are, but to also feel of Heavenly Father's love for all of his children no matter where we are from or what language we speak.

Last really cool miracle was on Friday as we were waiting to get on the bus, These two men came up to us and pointed to our plaques then at the sky and smiled and made a praying sign, we smiled and nodded. It turns out they were both deaf, and after one man typed on his phone asking us if we were TJ's (Jehovah's witnesses, soo many people here confus us for them) We explained that we weren't but then the bus came. As we got on, I went to the back of the bus where they were and handed them a pass along card. Somehow we were able to communicate, it was sad because they asked if at the church we have sign language- sadly no, but I showed them where the church website was. At the end they both had big smiles, one pointed to the picture of Jesus and made a heart sign and then signed thank you to me. It was just a really cool experience, and the love of Heavenly Father that I felt for them was so strong.

I hope you all have a wonderful week, and remember how much Heavenly Father loves you and how much he loves all his children around you! Everyone has incredible stories , and I'm so thankful for all the people I've been able to learn from.

Je vous aime beaucoup!

Soeur Soffe

Soirée familiale!! So fun


p-day, touring around Toulouse with the elders




 Iwas shocked to find smoothies in France 

No comments:

Post a Comment