Wednesday, August 16, 2017

La ville rose encore :) Week 60

Bonjour à tous!!

So soeur tupou'ata is heading home today, and guys she has seriously like become one of my best friends- so yeah that was really sad to say goodbye.... but the good news is I am staying in Toulouse and I am training Soeur Gowan as a new STL!! I'm super excited because soeur gowans came into the mission with and she is so cute and so much fun! She is from Washington state.

This past week we were running around like crazy seeing so many members! Everyone was able to see soeur tupou'ata before she leaves, and it was really great for me to get to know a lot of them better! One of my favorite days was when one of the cutest JAs (young adults) , whose name is utile, took us to this quiet little church in the county and we had a really spiritual pensée talking about missions (her papers are in!) and then we had a picnic in this beautiful park that overlooked the country. Et ça ma fait du bien (that was good for me) because it has been sooo long since I've been in nature or the mountains and I needed it:) I have loved this week being able to be with members because I really have such a testimony that member missionary work is the only really smart way to do the lords work! As members invite their friends to be taught, they are so much more open and willing to listen to the gospel and having a friend in the church really can make all the difference. I have gained such a testimony of this on my mission, and I feel so blessed to be here in the capitole ward because the members really are incredible. So I invite you all this week to pray and think about how you can be a better missionary. I promise you, you have no idea what kind of impact you can have:)

Okay here's the funny story for this week:

So we have been teaching a Nigerian ami named Alex, and he loves coming to church and has been progressing really well. (Also ha all of the Nigerians have problems with my name so they call me Sophia- ha soeur tupou'ata called me Soeur Sophia) Anyways I called Alex last night because he hadn't come to church. So Alex is like 40, but he really wants to get married, and at the end of the phone call he tells me he has feelings for me- but he understands that I am a missionary now, but he wants to keep in contact when I'm home🤦🏼‍♀️ ohh my goodness it was bad haha. So we are going to pass him over to the elders but it was pretty funny. Haha I promise you though, he understands our purpose as missionaries and he knows why I'm here- but I think it'll be best for elders to teach him:)

Have a great week everyone!!

Je vous aime!!

Soeur Soffe

Utile 



Haha I love this pic 

Soeur gowans!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment