Wednesday, May 3, 2017

I should probably start learning Spanish🙈 Week 45

Bonjour a tous!
I hope you have all had a wonderful week, I hope its starting to feel like spring! I'm not sure we would know here because it has been raining all week, but hey that brings the flowers right?
On Tuesday we had our exchange with the Chalon sisters, so I got to be with my favorite Tahitian again for the day! That morning we tried to go out contacting... in the rain. Ha we were both dripping water but we were laughing so hard, and to make up for it, we had some really good lessons the rest of the day!

A huge miracle we had this week was on Friday, so we got a referral for a woman who only speaks Spanish (shout out to my hermana collègue!) That night Sr. Crispi called her and was so excited on the phone, after she told me that this woman is from Chile and she is golden! She has already met with missionaries before she came to france and has been searching for a church and found ours. She started watching videos on the internet, and she said she knows that Joseph Smith is a prophet and has a testimony! So we were both so excited, well we look up their address and the gare to get to their home is really far from our sector, but according to the map they could possibly live in Confluence. So after talking and getting permission from the APs we took a train out to see her on friday. They live out in this beautiful country side of rolling hills and little farms. I was loving getting to be away from the city for a little while, and driving through the french compagne. So their names are Soledad et Sergio, she doesn't speak any french but he has lived here for a long time and speaks french perfectly. Also Sergio used to be témoin Jehovah, but he said because we talk of Christ we are welcome to come teach his wife. (I had some interesting discussions with him, but what was cool is he kept coming in during the lesson and when we watched the video of the temple you could see that he felt the spirit! Super cool!) We had the lesson, and I could understand parts here and their but what was cool is I could still receive revelation of scriptures to use to teach her! Even though we couldn't communicate very well, I already love her a lot! Haha I can understand some of what she is saying, and she understands a little french. Ha soeur soffe might need to become an Hermana. our amis joke saying I'll be speaking Spanish soon hehe nope gotta learn french first😉
The sad part is they don't live in our sector, but we may still be able to teach them because she has to be taught in Spanish! Donc on verra! But even if its not us who teach her, I am so happy she is going to get taught because she is incredible.
I really am just so thankful to be a missionary. This Saturday we were seeing Tiawo and Joy (who I just love, they have become my family) and we showed Tiawo clips of the meet the mormons. What really hit me, is just how much joy this church brings into our lives! This life is not easy, missions are not easy- pas de tout. However even though life is hard we can have joy in everything we do, because we know what our Savior did for us, and we know that Heavenly Father has a plan. I am so thankful to be able to share that everyday!
I love you all so much! Thank you for your love, support, and prayers!

Je vous aime beaucoup!
Soeur Soffe

Soeur Autai!


Hehe loving the rain ☔️ 


Where Soledad and Sergio live.. gorgeous.

No comments:

Post a Comment