Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Le Temple Week 48



Bonjour à tous!!

I hope you all have had a wonderful week! So we got our transfer calls on Friday and we are staying together! Yes! We were both so happy, I love Soeur Crispi and I love Lyon I feel really blessed to be staying here. Also this means I get to be here for the baptism of Jacqueline and Tiawo.

So this week we had some really great lessons with Tiawo and we had a lesson were haha honestly we were pretty direct with her and explained why this church and baptism is so important. Because it really is the only way we can return home to our Heavenly Father. I love Tiawo, but she hasn't been coming to church and hasn't been putting forth effort. We talked to Tiawo about the joy of this gospel, and it's because we love her that we are here and we want her to make commitments. Well she has started progressing again and has fixed a solid baptismal date for the 17 of June. She has been praying and reading the BOM with us and she came on saturday for the cultural spectacle du Temple!!

So speaking of the Temple, on saturday was the cultural celebration and Sunday was the consecration. Saturday night we had quite a few of our amis who came, and the spectacle was incredible. It was the young men and women of each Pieu (stake) in france and Swiss and Belgium, and they did such an incredible job. It was fun to learn more about French history, and what really hit me was the incredible pioneers of the church who were and still are here in France. It's not easy to be a member here, but these people are incredible and so faithful.

On Sunday was the consecration of the Temple, and I can't even describe what a special spiritual experience it was. We have been talking about the Temple since I came on the mission, but that is nothing compared to the years these people have been waiting and praying for the Temple. I am so grateful to be here to watch this blessing be poured out on these people, and I am just so grateful for the Temple! This is sunday it was like we were able to go to the temple, and I miss it so much, but I am so thankful to teach these people how to return home to our Heavenly Father. We had zone Conference two weeks ago, and it was all about the temple. Me and Soeur Crispi presented on Eternal marriage (ha that was a little weird to present about to missionnaires) but we talked about that because everything we teach about leads to the Temple. The temple is the only path that leads home, and how thankful I am that we have the blessing of eternal families!

This email was a little all over the place, but wow I am so thankful to be a missionary. I love France, I love the Temple, and I love my savior and his gospel!

And of course

Je vous aime tous!!

Soeur Soffe



We literally use the Book of Mormon for children with like all of our amis, because they don't get thé BOM. So I was laughing as I was carrying it around on the street




Temple consecration! Such a historic day!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment