Monday, May 8, 2017

I've never felt more homeless in my life Week 46

Bonjour a tous! 
   I hope you all have had a wonderful week! Haha it's been a week full of adventures here! Start off we were to go and see the musée de Confluence last week for P-day and it was so cool! I just really love natural history and they had some cool exhibits. It was also a beautiful view of the city! 
    In Thursday after a fun district meeting we started our exchange with the Clermont sœurs. I was with Sœur Rutter and it was such a fun exchange, and I hope you all are ready for one of the funniest and most embarrassing moments of my mission.... here it goes. So we had a little time before our RdV so I found a less active member we could go and try to see.  We took the bus and it dropped us off at the top of a hill around apartments, I whipped out my handy maps me to figure out where to go. We had to walk down the big hill and could either go through a grave yard or a big grassy park to get to the road. We figured walking down the nice grassy hill would be just fine, and it was until we got the the bottom and see a big gate that's locked. Well I didn't want to climb all the way back up the hill, so I found a side part of the fence that wasn't that tall and I figured I could just climb over. So in my pencil skirt and rain boots (and luckily I think I was prompted by the spirit to wear tights) I started to climb over. I got over the fence fine but then on the way down the back of my skirt got caught on the fence and as I descended it ripped a huge hole!! Yeah so again luckily had tights on so you couldn't see anything, but I had a huge hole on the back of my skirt. 
   We were both laughing pretty hard, but then I go around to open the gate for Soeur Rutter and it's locked from both sides!! So Soeur Rutter hands me all her stuff and then she has to climb over the fence! As I was helping her down the bottom of her skirt got caught on the fence, it didn't tear,  but as she was climbing down her entire skirt got lifted up! Also this fence was literally right in front of a round about with a ton of cars, luckily at this moment there wasn't many around. But ohh my goodness after I hurried and helped pull her skirt down. We both couldn't stop laughing for a solid 5 minutes. 
     Well after our little adventure we were late so we hurried out to see Joy, whom I just love and we had a wonderful rdv. And she is so cute so as we are leaving she just loads a bag up with food for us, we always tell her we don't need it but she says she won't eat it. Ha so we hurry and run out to try and catch the bus and we miss it.... the next one is in an hour. So we ended up sitting on the side of a road, eating granola cookies and I was in a torn skirt... hence my subject line "I've never felt so homeless in my life." What was awesome though is these two girls came up to the bus stop and we ended up talking and they were both so nice and we talked the whole bus and metro ride back into Lyon! It was so cool how Heavenly Father had made sure we would miss our bus, but we were able to meet these young women who were so interested in our message! 
     Well that was my funny story of the week! Something I learned, happened when we were in a rdv with José and we were talking about charity and forgiveness . I told him that love is something we can have for all of our family and friends- but it can have limits. Charity is the pure love of Christ, meaning it's a love we can have for people who hurt us or are mean to us. Charity has no boundaries and it's this kind of love that allowed Christ to forgive and love all of us! Charity is a gift from God and it's something that we have to pray and ask to have! (That's a goal I have this week is to pray every day to be filled with this love!)
    I hope you all have a great week, also SHOUT OUT to my brother for getting his mission call, busan Korea! I am so excited for him, and I can't believe two of my best friends will both be in Korea. Taylor and Lilly you guys are seriously going to be the best missionaries!
Je vous aime tous! Et passez une bonne semaine!! 
Soeur Soffe 

Musée de Confluence 

Me and Soeur Rutter drying after our fence incident, I'll send the video in another email 



Musée de Confluence 




Me and Soeur Rutter dying after our fence incident, I'll send the video in another email 














No comments:

Post a Comment