Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Temple blessings Week 47

Bonjour a tous!
I hope you have all had a wonderful week, I can't believe how fast time has been flying here. I don't have a lot of time because it's presidents p-day but I will share an incredible miracle this week.
So Jacqueline is our ami who we have been working with a lot, she has been taught by missionaries for many years and her husband who is a member who has now become reactivated:) So Jacqueline knows the gospel and the scriptures incredibly well. They come to church every week, and she has such strong faith. As we have been teaching her, we have had lessons where the spirit was so strong. As we talked about baptism Jacqueline finally told us that she has a fear of water, like a phobia of water. So she would always get really scared about baptism and tell us one day she would but couldn't right now. I didn't know what else to tech her, and honestly was a little discouraged. Well this last week she and her husband went to the Paris Temple open house! The Sunday after in church, Jacqueline- who is super shy- bore her testimony in church. I asked her about it and she said it was better than good there. In our rdv this week I asked her about her experience at the temple. She told me that was she was in the temple she had a really calm spiritual feeling, and as she thought and prayed about baptism she wasn't afraid and felt that Christ would be with her the entire time!! She then tells us that she choose 24 juin as her baptismal date because it's their wedding anniversary!! She was just smiling and I almost fell to the floor I was so happy and so shocked. Then Charles talked about how their goal now is to go the temple and be sealed, and we talked about eternal marriage. The moral of this story is if there is anything we can ALWAYS count on, it's the temple! It was incredible and I am so so happy for her. I really feel like Jacqueline is one of the reasons I was supposed to come to Lyon, I just love her. Though I know I might not be here for her baptism I happy that she has made her choice.

Another highlight for sure was being able to talk with my family of course!! I don't know how, but I was blessed with the best family in the world!
Je vous aime tous!
Soeur Soffe
Soeur Desvergez was with us this week and it was a party!



We had a birthday party for Tiawo as well this week!







No comments:

Post a Comment