Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Transfer calls and Rendez-vous! Week 24


Coucou a tous!!
        It has been a really good week, and it is so crazy to think we are
already at the start of another transfer (time has flown by!) So
Friday we got our transfer calls and.... I am staying in Annemasse
with Sr. Autai!! I thought for sure I would be leaving because no-one
stays here for three and I am staying for a fourth transfer! This ward
has become my family and I am so excited to be with them for Christmas
(that's what makes up for being away from my family.) I am also really
happy to be staying with Sr. Autai again, we are so excited to keep
crushing it together here in Annemasse.
        We had a lot of really great lessons and soirées with all of our
families because it was the end of the week. Wednesday we were out in
Thonon porting by the lac, and we weren't having much success. Then
the very last house we ported the cute girl actually let us in! I have
taught lessons from porting before but never been let in a house. It
was a little sad because she is moving back to germany, but she is
totally interested so we happily get to pass her to the missionaries
there! What we have been sharing with everyone is the Christmas video
and message from the church! I hope you all have seen the video and
have started doing the campaign! I really love it so much, and I know
that by doing these little acts of service everyday we can actually
give the savior the gift he would want to receive for christmas! My
frenchie challenge for you is to Éclairez le monde (light the world!)
It's honestly been really incredible to see the way that people are
responding to the campaign and how people are interested. So start
sharing it everyone:)
        The end of week we were super busy running from rendez-vous and
lessons. It was so great though to get to see a lot of people.
Thursday we tried something a little different with all of the
missionaries and tried to do street board contacting. We had made a
board with the question Qui sont les mormons? (Who are the mormons).
It was interesting to say the least, we thought people would be
curious but I think they just thought we were TJ's (jehovah's
witnesses) 😂 It was still fun though, and we got some good
conversations:) On Saturday we had a really great lesson with a family
who is less-active, it started with one of the daughters questions
about why church is important and that lead to a really great lesson
that was completely by the spirit (we had planned something else
entirely); those however are always the best kind of lessons.
We really got into the holiday spirit today, and us and Saléve went
and found a 15 euro christmas tree! It's not the prettiest but we are
very excited about it:)
I hope you all have had a wonderful week, thanks for you support and love!
Je t'aime
Soeur Soffe


Contacting in Evian!


Oh Christmas tree 


Attempted street boarding 


Staying in Annemasse!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment