Thursday, December 22, 2016

When you are a Tahitian for Christmas Week 26

Bonjour a tous!
I can't believe how fast this week flew by and that it's almost christmas!! We had a really great beginning of the week with some family nights and awesome lessons! Then on Wednesday after seeing one of our ami's Christmas gospel concerts (haha super fun to watch these french woman sing gospel songs mostly in English:) We hurried and met the Saléve sœurs and drove to Lyon for our Christmas conference!! 
Elder and Sister Sabin of the seventy came and it was so good! It was way fun because almost all of the mission was there so before the conference started it was so fun to see all the missionaries I haven't seen in forever. The conference was so good; Sister Sabin talked a lot about how we won't always have big spiritual experiences but small little things will happen everyday that will change us into someone amazing by the end of our mission. They both talked a lot about having faith in miracles, and just working hard (because that's really what a mission is; work!) Elder Sabin talked a lot about how we have the amazing knowledge of who God is and where we are going after this life, and how blessed I feel that I get to help people have that knowledge everyday. There is a quote that I have had with me my whole mission and its "we are all just walking each other home." We are all blessed with the knowledge of where our real home is, and our goal here is to help others come to their heavenly home with us. It's difficult to be away from my amazing family especially during the holidays, but because I know about eternity, I can be away from them know to bring others to their heavenly father:) 
We had a good rest of the week, but Saturday everybody was so awesome! We had such an incredible miracle. As we were walking from the train to go see the baccavin's I get this text from Jo (our ami from Taiwan) and all she says is "soffe, I have decided I'm am ready and I want to be baptized!! I started freaking out, I was so excited. I hurried and called her and she told me that she had been praying to know how she could have a new start to her life and she received the answer to be baptized! I was worried because she hasn't really talked to her husband about meeting us, and they have been having some problems. BUT she said she doesn't feel scared anymore, and she feels like she can talk to him! She told me that she knows she can pray to heavenly father and he will help her know how she can talk with him. Honestly she is so amazing, and her example of faith is incredible, she is golden:) 
After that miracle, we hurried back to Annemasse for the double ward christmas party (Annemasse and Saléve) So our Relief Society president asked us to dance a Tahitian dance for the party, it was all six of us missionaries and soeur Autai has been teaching it to us all week! Saturday morning we actually went and bought flowers and us sisters all made real flower crowns (be proud mom I made it by myself;) ) The ward party started with a buffet dinner, and it was so fun to see everyone. It was wonderful because we had a lot of amis and non members there! (And as a missionary you are just running around and making sure everyone is happy and with a friend!) After we ate it was the show and they told some cute christmas stories (for example the candy bomber) and then we did our dance. Ha our ward loved it so much, and it was so much fun. After everyone was taking pictures with us and the flower crowns we had. I give all the credit to Sr. Autai, and it was so fun to be Tahitian for a night:) 
I hope you all have a wonderful holiday week, and have a joyeux Noël!
Je vous aime beaucoup! 
Soeur Soffe 

Tahitian dance, do you spot the photo bomber 





No comments:

Post a Comment