Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Joyeux Noël! week 27

Bonjour a tous!
   Merry Christmas and a Joyeux Noël! I hope you all had a wonderful christmas day yesterday, we had so much fun and it was so wonderful to see and talk with my amazing family:) We have a had such a fun week with our wonderful ward.
   On Monday we helped soeur Morel with her groceries and then had a fun dinner with her celebrating one of the elders birthdays! 
   Tuesday we had an interesting but good lesson with an ami of a member who is
from India! And it ended with a fun christmas themed english class!
   Wednesday we had zone training in Genève which was really good! Then that night our DMP picked us and the elders up and we went up into the mountains by his house and went caroling! It's fun because caroling isn't something people in france do, and it was fun to see people so surprised to have us sing outside their door! I loved when we would sing douce nuit, santé nuit (silent night) and a lot of people would actually cry! What else was awesome was being up the mountains I actually got to see all the stars ( I have missed them, and guys it was like the star's down in boulder and it was gorgeous!)
   Thursday was my six months on my mission, holy cow time is flying!! We had a really fun lunch with the family theodoloz, and then went with the elders to the Gaud's house. We went caroling with them again, and it was way fun. Soeur Gaud gave all of us santa hats and we were all very jolly;) There was one point when we were in the street and all of us started doing the hakka, so funny we are so weird:)
   Friday we hurried out early in the morning to go and see Jo, she is going through a lot of really hard things right now. However she is so amazing and has this amazingly strong faith. Then we had fun soiree's with the members.
   Saturday was a wonderful Christmas Eve! We went out the Phonon with the family Boileau and had lunch then went out caroling by the lake. After we went to the Family Amico's. Christmas Eve meal is an event here, and they had invited some nonmemebers as well which was awesome. For christmas french people eat a lot of sea food and fancy horderves. It is all so good though! Their friend played the piano and I got to sing a little and it was awesome.
    Christmas day! It started with waking up and opening our presents, thank you so so much everyone! All of the little things really meant a lot! Then before sacrament Jo actually came and the elders were able to give her a wonderful blessing! We had an awesome sacrament meeting. Then off with the family Connault, first we went and gave a woman who is sick the sacrament (well not me elders!) Then we went back to their house and had an awesome lunch of raclette and played lots of fun board games:) We skyped our awesome families (love you guys!) Then that night we went to the volet's house for dinner, they are always so fun and my favorites:)
    I hope you all had a wonderful christmas, and I am to thankful for this time we have to remember our savior's birth. The birth of christ is the most important birth because of what christ did for us. I know that he suffered his atonement for all of us, so that we might follow his example and return to live with him and our father in heaven again. I love my savior and heavenly father with all my heart and I know without a doubt they live and love us! This is truly christ's gospel restored through his prophet, and I know it brings true Eternal joy! I love you all so much, thank you for your love, support, and examples!

Je t'aime avec tout ma coeur!
Soeur Soffe


This is from zone training, and the joke is that the other three missionaries are Mary and baby Jesus and Joseph. We found out my Chinese year is a cow, so our joke now is that I am a cow. I mean look at my amazing impression😂


Six moi à Annemasse



Caroling with the family Gaud


Family connault


Family Boileau and lac Laman 


Family volet 

No comments:

Post a Comment