Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Miracles and lots and lots of mountains! Week 23

Coucou a tous!
        Well this week has been crazy, in about every sense of the word! We
had more tombez-vous then I have ever had, BUT we also had so many
miracles!
        So last monday we had a really awesome ward activity. It was a
thanksgiving family home evening, so we missionaries did the spiritual
thought and talked about being thankful and then I showed everyone how
to make thankful hand turkeys (that was really funny explaining that
yes your handprint does look like a turkey:) ) Then we all ate
together, and played a super fun live version clue! Seriously I love
my ward so much, that night especially it felt like I was just with my
big french family:)
        Tuesday and Wednesday we had our normal lessons, and did lots of fun
service helping Soeur morel wrap her Christmas presents! Then on
Thursday we had a really great district meeting, and we actually all
drove up to Mt. Saléve together! We talked about prayer and we were
able to go up there and be on our high place to talk with Heavenly
Father! It was really awesome and we have a really great district.
Driving back however was a little interesting, we were with the Saléve
sœurs in their car behind another car full of missionaries and at a
stop sign a man rear ended us- pushing our car into them! We were
blessed that no-one was hurt, only a little shaken up! That night our
rendez-vous fell through so yeah for porting:)
        Then on Friday I think our plans changed about 6 times,
(tombez-vous!) but we ended up with Soeur Morel and helping her out at
the marche! (Farmers market) She is literally the cutest and I love
getting to be with my french grandma!
        Saturday, you guessed it, our rendez-vous fell through again in the
morning. It actually worked out okay because Soeur Autai was sick, so
we ended up just staying in, and I worked for a little while on the
area book!
        Sunday was such a great day! It was the primary program and it was so
cute, but then JOE CAME TO CHURCH! This is the first time she has
come, and she loved it! She actually cried during the primary program
because she said she wanted her little daughter to be up there some
day, and I told that of course she would be! As her and faye were
together I translated all of church for them again! It was funny
during gospel principles I would translate into English for them, and
then I would say something in french to the class, and then I would
hurry and tell them what I had said! My translating wasn't very good
at all, but they were kind and patient with me:)
        Then Monday we went to my favorite place again...CHAMONIX!! It was us
and the elders and as we got there it was really cloudy and gray and I
was so worried that they wouldn't be able to see the mountains. At
11:30 we went to the family biousse and had so much fun with them, it
was really incredible to hear his conversion story because it took him
20 years and he met with missionaries three separate times! As we were
having lunch the sun suddenly came in through the window, and we ran
out on the porch and you could see all of the mountains! When we
finished it was so fun to just walk around (well mess around all
together!) The other missionaries loved chamonix too, and it was a
super fun p-day! Then that night we had an amazing miracle! So there
is a part-member family in the ward that I have never met that me and
sr. Autai have been talking with the ward council about. Well on
tuesday night our stake president calls us and told us that he had
just had a random lesson with the family and had been talking with the
dad (who is not a member) and ended up engaging him to baptism and HE
ACCEPTED!! So on monday night the Coppel's (stake president and his
wife) picked us up from the Gare and drove us to their house. The
man's name is frere Secchi and we taught him and his wife and it was
one of the most spiritual lessons I have ever had! We did a lesson 0
and talked about how he and his family can go to the temple and become
an eternal family! The spirit was so incredibly strong and he has
incredible faith, he said he wants to go to the temple with his family
and he knows this is the path God want's for him. In the lesson
literally everyone (me, frere secchi, his wife, and president and sr.
Coppel) were all crying! The spirit was so strong, and I am so excited
to see him prepare to be baptized on the 24 of December! I was so
thankful to be a missionary there with him and testify that I know the
temple is the goal that heavenly father has for him! I am so thankful
to be a missionary and spread this joy every day with people I meet!
Love you all so much and I am so thankful for all of you!
Soeur Soffe

Soeur Morel!

Mt Saléve with the District 




This is a really good explanation of us together 

Zen in my happy place 😂

No comments:

Post a Comment