Monday, November 7, 2016

From fall to winter real quick🍂🌨Week 20

Coucou a tous!
        I hope everyone has had a wonderful week! This week flew by and its
becoming winter here in Annemasse! Today it SNOWED for the first time,
and I was very excited, plus it was the first time my cute Tahitian
has seen snow!! We have been loving it together, I don't think I ever
said in my other emails but she is a recent convert of around a 1 year
and a half and is such a great missionary! We also just laugh a lot
together, her running joke is to say "Je m'appelle Sœur Soffe, et Je
suis soft" ha doesn't really make sense but we just have a lot of fun
and work really well together:)
        Monday started off with seeing my favorite ami Jo! She is the one
from Taiwan who speaks English and has an adorable little baby. I have
never had a lesson like the one we had with her on Monday though. She
is just going through a lot of really hard things in her life, and I
just talked and cried with her. It was really incredible though to
teach her about her savior and how he literally understands everything
she is experiencing. It has been really amazing to watch how she has
been developing a relationship with heavenly father. She told us that
she has been praying and she knows that she can talk to heavenly
father about everything and that she feels him helping her through her
life. She is just such an incredible woman with such a big heart, what
is so cool though is that she has been finding answers praying,
reading the Book of Mormon, and searching through gospel library. I
just feel really thankful to help her on her journey home to her
Heavenly Father.
        A quote that I have been thinking about a lot this week is "we are
all just walking each other home." This week I have been studying
about our divine potential and our celestial purpose. I read a really
great devotional that said we were all Celestial beings before we came
to this earth and we all had the goal to stay worthy to return to live
with our Heavenly Father again. We have been given everything we need
to receive all the father has, through the atonement of our loving
savior. So my frenchie goal for you this week is to pray and ask
Heavenly Father if you really are his son or daughter and if he has a
plan for you to receive all that he has! I know how much he loves us,
and we are all here with the same goal, to just walk each other home!
        Tuesday we went out to see the Boileau family and teach their cute
grandson. We had a good lesson with him and then go to to walk around
the Lac Laman. His name is Mathis and for the end of our lesson we
made paper airplanes (and with faith they could fly) and Mathis writes
me a little note that says Sœurs ses sont le meilleur (sisters are the
best) Ha I was so sparked! Little background Mathis is 9 and is a
little ballet dancer (I love him!) So as are walking home we start
dancing and skipping down the sidewalk! So fun, and then that night we
had a wonderful lesson with Francois!
        Wednesday was full of lots of contacting and getting a start on
area-book work. So our mission just got the area book app, so we have
had a lot of work putting in all of our old investigators fiches!
Thursday we had a really great district meeting about working with
members to find our families through the families in the ward who are
part members! I just love working with our ward here, ahh they are so
wonderful! That night we did a lot of service with Sœur Morel and then
she always makes us a cute dinner. One of my favorite moments of the
week was on Saturday night when it had been rainy all day and Sœur
Morel calls us and asks us if we have found any sunlight, and I said
no not with the rain. She then tells us we always have sunshine
because it's in my heart and we bring her sunshine and then says
goodbye! Ha I love my grandma here so much:)
        We had lots of lessons and meals with members over the weekend and it
was wonderful as always! I just love our ward so much, plus I love all
the missionaries here too! Love you all so much thank you so so much
for all your support!
Je t'aime beaucoup!
Sœur Soffe
Funny moment: We are with the Elders at the Herr's house for dinner
and I was telling them that I will being going to school for nursing
after my mission and instead of saying I like medical things, I said I
love medications. Then the rest of the night was full of lots of jokes
about the sœurs getting a little crazy with the first aid kits;)


Lac Laman in Thonon 

Autumn has finally arrived


Hello French countryside (also pretty sure this was the last semi warm day we will have, also note how France has changed my style to black, whoops🙈)


Weirdos on trains

No comments:

Post a Comment