Monday, August 22, 2016

Week 9 Still Crushing it in Annemasse‏

Bonjour ma famille et mes Amis!
It's crazy but today, I have been on a mission for two months! It's
crazy how fast time has been going! This week has been good, but it
was definitely hard in the beginning. A Seleve elder, (who was
actually a bleu with me and I knew in the MTC) ending up going home
this week. It was really sad to say goodbye, but I'm really proud of
him for doing what he needs to do. Me and Sr. Smith ending up
re-writing a song for him; and which made a few elders have something
in their eyes;) It was really great to say goodbye to him and send him
off with our love! So the other Seleve elder got moved to Lyon, so we
now have a district of four! We already spend a lot of time together
(lots of trains and dinner appointments) but now it'll just be the
four of us! I'm glad I have such a great district though, we all get a
long really well and work well together.
We have had some really great lessons this week, it's been so great
to see our Ami's progressing! My favorite was with our Engage (our Ami
who has a baptismal date.) Her name is Severine, ha she is crazy
(super energetic and LOVES to talk) I love her so much! We had two
lessons with her this week, on Saturday we covered the gospel and it
was awesome. Severine always has lots of questions so our lessons are
about two hours! It used to be that the first hour would be helping
her with English and the next would be the gospel; however now she
just want's to learn about the gospel and prepare for her baptism in
September. She is so ready, at our last lesson she was so excited
about taking her Grandma's name to the temple and is preparing herself
to live all of the commandments! This is what I love about missionary
work; I have seen her change so much and develop a personal
relationship with her Savior and Father in Heaven!
When we don't have lessons, we do lots of contacting which has been
good this week. No new Amis have come but it's awesome to see people
interested in what the church is about. I just love the French people,
ha as I stumble through French trying to talk to them they are always
so kind and help me with the language. It's awesome because if I ever
don't know how to say something I just turn to my 'mom' and she helps
me:) I'm seriously so blessed with my trainer, not only do work really
hard but we also have so much fun and laugh all the time! Here is a
funny of the week, so in the second wards sacrament meeting about
halfway through a member of the bishopric comes up to me and asks if
after the speak is done if I would bear my testimony! Ha Sr. Smith
looks at me "welcome to France!" Ha I have born my testimony every
sacrament and in almost every lesson they ask if I will say the
prayer. Ha I think it's good because the ward knows the two things I
can do in French- pray and testify!
This week I have been studying about Faith and I have realized how
faith is just a trust in God. I wasn't sure what my mission would be
like, or how I was going to speak French. I had to take a first blind
step and trust in the lord, and I promise you that if you exercise
that faith in Christ he will be with you every step of the way!
You all are the meilleur! Thanks for your support and love!
Je t'aime beaucoup!
Sour Soffe



I'm in love with French parks, this is our new favorite place to contact


After contacting for hours in the HEAT, we need an ice cream! Also be thankful for air conditioners people, because the French haven't discovered that amazing gift:)


THE ALPES THOUGH, I'm seriously in love



Trains and buses all the time, or walking lots and lots of walking:)







No comments:

Post a Comment