Monday, August 8, 2016

Week 7... I'm in Annemmasse! And it's the BEST

Bonjour ma famille et mes amis!
I AM IN FRANCE! I can't believe I am finally here, and it was kind of
a roller coaster of a journey but I am so happy and so excited. Travel
started last Monday after a plane to Seattle and then a very long over
night flight we landed in Paris. We were supposed to have a plane to
Lyon but because the workers of air France have been striking, our
flight was canceled. The Paris office elders meet us in the airport,
and had our train tickets. They split us up into two groups and after
the first group was off we waited in the airport for three hours
before our train. Since we had so much time me and another Sœur tried
to contact a little. Then when we get on the train I learned that my
seat was in a different train car then everyone else's-which was
scary. So picture me getting on the train with my three huge bags and
discovering that my seat is actually on the top floor. So I try to lug
my huge bags up the stairs and this nice French man helps me carry
them. Then of course I'm confused about where bags go, and try to take
them to my seats, some more really nice people then helped me figure
out where they went. Mini miracle one of the men I had tried to talk
to at the airport actually helped me with my bags on the train. I
just love love the French they are so kind and super patient with me.
We got off the train and the Lyon APs were right there to pick us up.
Ahh it was so awesome and we got to walk around Lyon a little bit, I
already know I have the best mission with the absolute best
missionaries. That night we went to President and sister Browns house
and I love them so much. They are the absolute sweetest mission
parents and are so kind. I had a great interview with president Brown
and he is the best, he actually knew our family through the mortuary.
The next day I meet my trainer!!! Her name is Sœur Smith and she is
fantastic. She is from sandy and has already trained a blue and been
out seven transfers. We get a long so well and she is helping me so
much, I'm so glad she is my mom and I am her baby blue (in France we
aren't greenies new missionaries are blues because it's the hottest
part of the flame:) )
After legality we grabbed all of my stuff and headed on a train to
....drum roll.... Annemasse and Saléve! They are two fantastic villes
right on the border of Geneva Switzerland, so we are in the Geneva zone. I am
in love, it is so pretty and when we go into Saléve the alps are right
there. We kind of jumped in head first because first day we had a few
lessons and some finding time. Sœur Smith basically teaches but I'm
adding whenever I can, and it really is more than I thought. We taught
françois and this cute older lady named Rose the first day. Again I
love French people so much, they are super patient with me and my
terrible French. I think Sœur smith was really surprised, because at
the end of the day we had been contacting a little with no luck. She
had given me one pass along card to give out. When we got on the bus,
I got the courage and just sat by a women and started talking with
her. Conversation was difficult but I ended up giving her the card,
and when we got off the bus Sœur Smith looked at me and said you are
fearless! Not even close, but I'm just trying to let people feel the
spirit through me. Ha especially because I'm not sure how much of my
French people can actually understand:) we have had a few other
lessons and a few dinner appointments (mangez-vous.) The food is so so
good here, I am in heaven. It has really been an awesome week and I'm
trying as hard as I can!
So because we cover two areas, we have two wards on Sunday. No-one can
complain about church ever, ever again. So we got to church around 8
ish and because of meetings we had 9 hours of Church. So I hope you
can all imagine trying to comprehend French for that long WHILE you
are fasting. And that wasn't even the hardest part, I bore my
testimony in both wards, me and mostly Sœur smith taught the youth
Sunday school, and then in the last Relief Society they kept asking me
questions. Ha it was kind of hard but it was awesome. We have the
absolute best members, they are really kind and super strong. It
was kind of crazy in the second testimony meeting a man got up and
started talking about how he wasn't sure if he knew God was there for
20 minutes. The bishop had to get up and make him leave because he
wouldn't stop! One of our elders turned around to me and said "
bienvenue à France!" I really do love it so so much and know without
any doubt this is the lords work and his spirit is so strong if we
just seek him! Any opposition just proves that this is Christ's true
gospel and we just need to be strong and valiant!
Love you all so much thank you for all your support!
J'taime beacoup!
Sour Soffe

 P.S. I almost forgot the HIGHLIGHT of the week. So last night we had a
dinner appointment with the Poulet family. It was such a good dinner
and then at the end they bring out bread and cheese, (because French
people.) I was leaning trying to talk with someone and my chair
slipped and I FELL ON THE FLOOR, ahh it was so funny I just sat there
laughing while everyone else laughed at us. It was the Poulet's, their
nephew, and the Saléve elders and we all just laughed a lot. Ahh
Bienvenue à France Sœur Soffe:)

Sorry I forgot to transfer all my pictures from my camera so I don't
have many but I'll send a lot next week!


Me and my trainer! (My mom!)





My District




This is rose one of our Ami's she loves to sing. Isn't she so cute!


No comments:

Post a Comment