Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Au revoir MTC!‏ Aug 2nd...Week 6


Bonjour ma famille et mes Amis!!
   Wait, what?!? IT'S MY LAST WEEK IN THE MTC! I leave for France in t-minus 3 days (Parents note...McKenna left the MTC on Aug 1st and is safely in France) and I am so so excited and scared out of my mind! It is really so so bittersweet because I have grown to love my family of frenchie's here! It's killer because half my district is going to Paris, but I adore the sisters that are going to my mission so I can't wait to be with them. It's going to be so hard to leave my Sœurs who are now my actual sisters. 
   So this week has kind of been crazy, but in the best way! We have still had lots of studying and teaching everyday and our teachers have been talking to us about what the mission field is like! So last Sunday we had an awesome devotional, the Nashville Tribute Band (which is like a Mormon country Christian Rock band) came and played for us! I am in the choir, ha with literally the entire MTC, so we got to sing with them to a few of their songs. It was so much fun to actually hear music again, and sing something different than a hymn! I miss music, but I really loved their songs and it was so fun for the 24. Skipping ahead to Tuesday we had our last TRC appointment (which is where we get to teach a member.) This one was actually skype so we got to talk to this sweet member in France! It was super cool, but she was sitting so far away from the her computer me and my collègue couldn't hear her! It was really amazing though because I felt totally prompted about what she needed to hear. I am not really sure what it was like for her, but it was a great experience for me to practice my teaching. On Wednesday all the new missionaries come in, and my district was chosen to help them with a workshop they do called People and your Purpose. It's basically where a big group of the new missionaries get the chance to teach actual investigators and help them as best they can. What me and ma collègue did was begin the lesson, so the investigator let us in and we got to know them and started teaching them. It was kind of nerve racking being in front of people, but it went really well. Ha it was kind of weird teaching in English, ha but I guess that is a good thing! 
   Thursday we had in-field orientation, which was awesome. They taught us that we have set high expectations for our missions, and truly believe that their are people waiting for this message. Which I know is true I really do feel people waiting for me in France. The other major part of the day was working with members. I had never realized what a big part members can play in missionary work, it's huge they help so much and missionary work is everyone's responsibility! So my challenge for you this week is to pray about a missionary opportunity and follow the promptings that I know you will receive! This morning we were able to go do a session in the temple, and it might be last one I am able to do for a while! I love the temple everyone, it really is the house of the lord and where I feel his spirit strongest! That is my goal for all of my future investigators!
You all are so wonderful, thank you so much for your support and prayers! Ha I think I really will need them for this next week. I can't believe the bubble of the MTC is about to pop, but I am so so excited to head out to France. I am terrified because Je ne parle Français. However what I have really learned in the MTC is that I could never do this alone, my savior is right beside me the whole time and all I have to do is put my faith in him. I promise you that when you do the lord's will he will send angels to help lift you up, I have felt them around me every day! 
Merci, et J t'aime Beaucoup!
Thank you all so much! Love you!!
Sœur Soffe

Désolé for the overload of pictures, We took a lot realizing it was our last week all together!!


                                                                     J'aime Soeur Wilde!!!




The Soeur's in my zone




                                           I can't even explain how much J'ADORE my district! 



                                                                  AHHH I don't want to leave them! 







This is what happens when me and Soeur Wilde try to take a picture and the camera falls on us! 



AND I saved the absolute best picture for last.... This is me and Soeur Schnider, I put my hair up in a t-shirt for it to dry overnight and she was really cold in our room. Haha we are both hoping at some point we will be companions... Because I think it would be HILARIOUS! 






No comments:

Post a Comment