Monday, August 15, 2016

Week 8 Waterfalls and dinners and Switzerland oh my!‏

Bonjour ma famille et mes amis!!
This week has literally flown by, but it has been so great I am in
love with Annemasse and Seleve! These villes are very interesting
because we have so much member work to do! The members are fantastic,
and love to meet with the missionaries so we have a lot of dinner
appointments both with members/ recent converts/ less actives. I love
getting to know and work with them, and they are the nicest. In our
mission we have a thing called feux de joie which is French for
bonfire. When we meet with members we have a short spiritual thought
and then ask them what feux de joie experiences they have had. What
these are is when they have felt the spirit either strengthen them,
they have done some kind of missionary work, or they have done family
history work. It's awesome because after we talk with them, we ask who
else they know that could benefit from having these kind of
experiences. It's awesome because the members are the ones who are
really going to help us find new Amis!
The beginning of the week was full of lots of appointments with
members, and filling in the rest of the time with finding. It's of
course still difficult with the French but it is coming really fast
when I look at in perspective. I realize that I am adding much more to
the lessons then I even could last week! Then on Thursday we had Zone
Training in Geneva. I loved being able to travel to Swiss and we even
got to go and see the lake which was beautiful! Zone training was
really good, they really stressed being 100% obedient and putting all
your confidence in the lord. That is exactly what I am going to work
on this week, is giving all of my time and trust to the Savior. Me and
Sœur Smith are really going to work hard to try to have more lessons
this week! I have realized that if we set and make inspired goals the
lord will be there to help us fulfill them; but only after we do
everything we can do! I know that the lord cares about all of the
little aspects in each of our lives and will help us when we put our
trust in him!
Saturday was really awesome and a very different day. So every
Saturday us and the Seleve Elders travel to Cluses to see the
Baccauvan family. One of the little girls was just baptized so we go
and meet with her to give her the after baptism lessons, and talk with
her mom who is less active. The family situation is really hard,
because the father is just a really bad man and the family is working
to get away with him. To help Nina (the little girl) try to progress
we decided to take all of the kids on a walk and teach her a lesson
out of the house. It was so great, they took us up a little trail to
go see a waterfall, and not only was I loving being in not just the
mountains, but the French alps; the kids had a lot of fun! Nina
actually prayed for us and she started progressing again which made me
so excited! I can't wait to keep helping this family and praying that
they will be able to be moved to a better situation!
It's been a great week, super busy, but I am loving every second! I
have the best trainer, the best wards, the best Amis, and of course
amazing food ( I love dinner appointments:) ) I am really excited to
keep working hard and learning all that I can!
Thank you so much for your prayers and support
J'taime beaucoup!
Sœur Soffe
P.S. Funny of the week: on Thursday we had a lesson/ dinner
appointment with a recent convert, who I love! She has us over every
week because we are doing her after baptism lessons. This week she
invited the Seleve Elders to come over and we played a prank on Elder
wright(who is the other blue here with me.) The members name is
Jocelyn and she gave us this ginger drink with non-alcoholic champagne
and we convinced Elder wright that it was alcoholic. He got super
confused because when he drank, it was super strong; and then he looks
over at me and Sr. Smith and because we were laughing so hard he
thought we were drunk! Ha he figured it out really fast and we all
laughed a lot about it




Zone conference
The BEST district 
Jocelyn
Cluses, France is so pretty!
The Town is located in the Arve Valley, in the region Faucigny. 
Situated between Geneva and Chamonix
The waterfall
Nina

No comments:

Post a Comment