Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Summer= barbecues et le ☀️ Week 51

Bonjour a tous!

J'espère que vous avez passé une bonne semaine! I just can't believe how fast time is flying! On mardi we had Zone Conference, it was a lot of fun because it was tri zone so nice and Ecully came to our chapel and it there was so many missionaries it was a party:) Zone conference was really good though, there was so missionaries who are departing that we didn't present (haha me and soeur Crispi were relieved- presenting stresses me out:) There was about an hour of departing testimonies and wow it was really incredible the spirit that was there. A lot of my good friends in the mission are going home, which is so weird and sad. However what was incredible that though each of their testimonies were so different but they were all incredible testimonies of Christ. I think a lot of people think the gospel is complicated but it is so simple. We have a Heavenly Father who loves us, and because he loves us so much he gave us a plan in our families to return and become like him. He knew that we wouldn't be able to do it alone, so he gave his begotten son to suffer and atone for us. Christ did this out of his love, and he gave us his gospel to guide us home. There is a reason that he is the center of our church, because its grâce à lui (because of him) that we can have this joy in our life, and become joyful again after we have made mistakes.

I really can't express how thankful I am to be able to share that with people here in France everyday. We had some really good lessons with Jacquline and Tiawo this week, and ohh they are both progressing to baptism so well. Tiawo whose progression had kind of slowed had read in the Book of Mormon for Children 30 pages #miracle and then she came to church again on Sunday (atta girl) and Jacquline is so excited for her baptism in two weeks, and I am just so thankful for the amazing people around me who I get to teach.

Saturday was such a fun day. So the ward had a barbecue out in a pretty parc, so we profited and went with the cute rigby couple (the missionaries in our ward) drove us out and it was so fun to be with the ward, and Joy was there with her cute girls and she loved it too! Plus we got to wear pants- such a plus! Then we went home and headed out to see Milena and we had such a good lesson with her, it wasn't what we planned (those are always the best ones) and she really opened up to us and shared some really personal experience with us. She has gone through so much in her life, and really we just cried with her and were able to testify that even if we don't understand Christ does and he is there for her. She is incredible with so much faith. A funny moment of the lesson she was getting a drink and said "you guys drink water, I'll drink my beer and have my cigarettes." Haha welcome to france everyone:) but really though I love her so much.

Today was super fun we were able to go with the Elders and play Tennis! Ha its literally so so hot here (the humidity is so high so its killer) but it was a lot of fun!!

I hope you all have a wonderful week, I love you so much!

Je vous aime tous, merci pour tout!

Soeur Soffe


Zone conference- I was a Tahitian for a day because my favorite Tahitian was there:) 



MTC group 


Barbecue 🍗 


I love Joy so much 


After tennis we found slushes in France!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment