Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Transfers and 20 Lessons Week 18

Bonjour a tous!
   Well today has been TRANSFER DAY! So sadly me and Sœur Smith are no longer together, she is heading to Grenoble and I am staying here in Annemasse! AND I am actually finishing training, my new companion is Sœur Autai, she is in her second transfer, and  she is from Tahiti and so sweet and nice! So we have training for the first 12 weeks of our mission, so I just finished mine and now I will finish training Sr. Autai with the last 6 weeks! I was really surprised when President told me I would actually be training, and be the senior comp. when it's my third transfer!! I'm really excited to be with Sr. Autai, she is a native french speaker since she is from Tahiti; and she speaks english pretty well but I am really excited to improve my french being with her! (Also I am so excited to just learn from here, as we figure out the whole missionary thing together:) ) I realize I am going to have to rely on Heavenly Father a lot this transfer; so I can be the best trainer for her that I can; but I am so excited!
   So going back to the beginning of the week, on Monday we had another awesome lesson with Jo! It really is so amazing to watch how she is starting to recognize the spirit and build a relationship with Heavenly Father! As she was driving us to the Gare she told me and
Sœur Smith that whenever she is with us she just feels happy and like it gives her a boast it get through the week. Me and Sr. Smith both told her that its not us but the Spirit! Jo is seriously the cutest I love her so much!
  Mardi we had lots of lessons! We taught and ate lunch with our favorite, Jocelyne. Then taught Francois and Sr. Mouzo! We had a really amazing lesson with Francois, teaching and preparing him for the temple! Here is to hoping we can find his certificate so he can
go!
   Wednesday we had a few lessons with our amis,  but mostly did a lot of porting out in Bonne Centre, and another miracle we ending up getting no only just a lot of conversations but also three lessons while porting!
        On Thursday we were contacting in Machilly, and we ended up talking to this awesome women. She has a really strong Christian faith, and as we kept talking with her she said that she is interested in learning more and meeting again! It's really just amazing to see the way that heavenly father prepares people! Almost every person we talk to has no interest in our message, and some people are very rude. However none of that matters because as long as you keep trying, Heavenly Father will help you find people who are ready for this gospel. I am really hoping we can keep meeting with this woman, but even if we can't I know that if we bring a little of the joy of the gospel into her life all the effort we put in is worth it!
        Friday morning was when we got our transfer calls. Later that day as we were doing our last weekly planning together, it was really hard to
think about being separated. I feel so grateful I was able to have Sœur Smith as my trainer, I honestly had the best trainer in the world and she has become one of my best friends! I am so thankful for everything she has done to help and prepare me to be the best missionary I can! It was so sad saying goodbye this morning, but I know we are exactly where we need to be!:) I was so nervous to be training a new missionary, but I just know how much I have to rely on the lord! I could never even be a missionary if I didn't have the savior walking right beside me! So my frenchie challenge for you this week, is to try your hardest and give it your all; but let the savior help you become the best version of yourself that you ever can be! I promise you that if you let the savior help you, and trust him he will help you do amazing things and become someone extraordinary! That night we had an awesome FHE with the famille Gaud, we ate yummy fondue and then made an interactive plan of salvation. We ended the night by building a very tall wooden block tower!
        Saturday as normal we went out to cluses, and taught the Bacuavans! That night we had a dinner/ lesson with our bishop and his family (seriously bishop Volet is my favorite and our best friend) They also invited Severine and her husband over, it was a fun dinner but
definitely interesting. Severine's husband is loud and opinionated (a lot like severine:) ) but he doesn't believe in Christ. So it was a very interesting lesson, but it helped so much to be with the bishop and his family to teach!
        Sunday was again awesome with our wonderful ward, and they were all sad to say goodbye to Sr. Smith. I am super grateful I get to stay with them a third transfer, ahh I really do love our ward so much! To end our busy but awesome last week together, me and Sr. Smith taught 20 lessons! This is one of the goals of our mission, and we were so stoked to accomplish it!
Thanks for all your love, support, and prayers!!
Je t'aime beaucoup!!
Sœur Soffe

FHE with the Gaud Family.



Transfer day at the gare!

 My new collègue Soeur Autai

No comments:

Post a Comment