Monday, October 3, 2016

Becoming an African, and Conférence Générale Week 15

Bonjour!!
I hope you have all had a wonderful week, we are still loving it here
in Annemasse.
This week started off with a soirée familial (family home evening)
with my favorite African family! She always cooks us amazing food, and
I love getting to talk with them about Africa! After dinner Sœur
Mundele showed me and Sœur Smith how to do African Headwraps, ha we
got about as African as two white girls from Utah can be:)
Tuesday we had an amazing miracle! We took a train out to visit an old
ami of the elders who we haven't been able to get in contact with. We
didnt' have very much time and it took us a long time to find her
house. We finally found her apartment, but she wasn't there. As we
decided to just catch the later train home and just Porte- she pulled
up in her car! So was so excited to see us and let us in to teach her
a lesson. She is this adorable young Chinese mom, who speaks English!
We had an amazing lesson about the Book of Mormon, the spirit was so
strong and she is so interested in the gospel and learning more! I am
so excited to keep teaching her and help her!
Wednesday we were out in Thonon, we were supposed to have lunch with
a family but it fell through. So we tried to pass some ancien Amis,
and ended up just contacting in a small park by lac Laman. We had some
really fun conversations with people. It's very interesting to see how
people react differently to missionaries. Some people are terrified
and won't talk at all, others can be genuinely interested, a lot of
people have a lot of misconceptions! A lot of French people think we
are either polygamists or Amish, so it's fun to explain to people that
we actually are just normal people:)
Thursday we had a really awesome district meeting in Geneve. We
talked about how we can have and use the power of God in our work. As
missionaries we are set apart and can have the power of God work
through us everyday; but so can every member of the church because we
have the gift of the Holy Ghost! Friday was filled with lessons and
LARC's.
The weekend was General Conference and we got to watch it in Geneve!
I loved it so much, and I hope that if any of you didn't get a chance
to see it you will watch it! I love that whenever I really loved all
the talks, but especially President Uchtdorf's and Elder Nelson's.I
hope we all remember what an amazing gift this gospel is, it really is
a gospel of Joy!! We are divine and son's and daughters of God. I have
found eternal joy as I have learned and progressed in this gospel, and
I am so grateful that I have the opportunity to share this joy with
people every day! My frenchie challenge for you is to think about the
eternal gift you have of the gospel! We all have a loving Heavenly
Father who sacrificed his son for you, and no matter what any of us do
his love is ALWAYS there for us! Heavenly Father is willing to give
you everything, he is in fact waiting to give you eternal life; all we
have to do is come unto him and keep his commandments. So I want you
all to think about how you can show your love and thanks to your
Heavenly Father.
I love you all so much, thank you so much for your prayers and support!!
J'taime beaucoup!
Sœur Soffe


FHE fun with Sister Mundele doing head wraps.


Making Macaroons...

 Vive La France

No comments:

Post a Comment