Wednesday, October 12, 2016

From Lyon to Chamonix🏔 Week 16

Coucou!
        This week has seriously been a blast and we have been able to travel
all over! This week started with a super fun p-day last monday where
we decided to get our work done early so we could have a pizza and
movie night (of course church movies). It was fun because it was just
us and the Saléve sisters and we have a lot of fun together (hopefully
not to much:) ). Tuesday we had a miracle as we were contacting in the
park in Machilly. We started talking to this man (a total cowboy) who
was sitting eating in the park, and he told us that he had planned to
go home and eat but felt like he needed to go to the park; he later
said he thought he had been prompted to go to the park to talk with
us! As we began talking we told him that we are sometimes called the
mormons, and he said "Really, I love the mormons!" I just about fell
of my chair because no-one ever says that, especially in France! We
had a really cool lesson with him, and I'm really hoping we can keep
meeting and teaching him!
        Thursday we had our Zone conference in Lyon (it was actually four
zones combined.) We drove down the night before and slept with the
Ecully sœurs which was a lot of fun, because we were doing the musical
number for the conference and didn't want to be late. Me, Sr. Smith
and the Saléve Sr's sang a rendition of "I am a Child of God." Zone
conference was awesome, and the spirit there was really incredible.
This conference was definitely different because President made it
into more of a question and answer session. It was so cool to all just
talk and learn together. A lot of what we talked about was rules for
our safety, but also about following the spirit. What I took away from
the conference is that I need to let the spirit guide me in every
aspect of my day! Which I am going to do by really praying sincerely
and asking for the spirit to be my guide. I know that if we are doing
what is right and let the spirit into our lives he will lead us where
we need to go and to the people who need us! So my frenchie challenge
for you is to really pray sincerely for the Holy Ghost to guide you in
your lives and commit to follow all of the prompting you receive!
(Because really how amazing is it that we can have a member of the
godhead with us always, to help us feel the love of our heavenly
father!)
        Friday we had a really great lesson again with Joe, our Taiwanese,
English speaking ami. She first of taught us how to make dumplings
which was super fun and we got to play with her adorable baby. We had
a really cool lesson with her explaining who Heavenly Father is and
how she can feel the spirit. She told us about experiences she has had
receiving answers to her prayers, and we were able to help her
recognize that is was the spirit that prompted her! She is golden, and
I love getting to teach her!
        Then this Monday we went to my favorite place again, Chamonix! As we
were taking the bus up there was lots of clouds covering the sky and I
was just praying to heavenly father that the clouds would go away. It
ended up being the most beautiful clear day, (thanks Heavenly Father!)
We had an awesome lunch with the sweet family from our ward, and then
me and Sœur Smith had a wonderful adventure. We were able to take the
two stop téléphérique to the Aiguille de Midi, which is 3842 m!! The
view as seriously STUNNING! We were right next to Mt. Blanc and could
see the alps and the valley for miles. We could actually see into
Italy and Swiss, which was pretty incredible.I think most of you know
how much I love being in the mountains, so I was basically doing a
happy dance (Like a giddy two year old:) the entire day! The way the
téléphérique worked is that the highest stop had the buildings with
all of the amazing views, and at the half way point we could actually
hike around. I told Sr. Smith that I think I had found my new happy
place, and it is basically heaven on earth! (I am definitely planning
on coming back and doing the amazing skiing they have!)
Thanks so much for all of your support, prayers, and love! I am so
blessed with not only the best and most beautiful sector but also the
best family and friends!
Je t'aime avec tout ma coeur!
Sœur Soffe
Funny: We had a day where we didn't have any conversations because we
had lots of lessons with less actives and I told Sr. Smith "This is
why we don't have any contacts today, because we are seeing them (our
less-actives) in heaven!" :)





Town of Chamonix







lunch with the sweet family from our ward

Cable car to the Aiguille de Midi









Mont Blanc






















No comments:

Post a Comment