Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Livin it up while we can Week 42

Bonjour a tous! 
  Sorry this is going to be a short email, it's transfer day and it's a little crazy!! So for this next transfer I am staying in Lyon and I am STL training Soeur krispi! So she is french and I served around her in Geneva and she is super cute. She speaks french and Spanish (which is awesome because we have some amis who are Spanish:) ) I am really excited to serve and learn from her:) 
We had a really awesome last week, filled with wonderful rendez vous with our amis who I love! The work is really starting to go here, yay!! 
So on Friday was Joy's baptism!! It was honestly so wonderful and really she was just glowing. There was quite a few members and a lot of amis that came to the baptism. It just made me so so happy to see how happy she was. I'm so glad I was able to teach her and become her friend, technically she was the elders ami but I am so glad I was able to be a part of her journey:) 
On Saturday we had a really wonderful day too! So Melina, Pedro's mom (who is a new ami) invited us over for lunch! Well this family is Portuguese and I highly underestimated the length of Portuguese meals:) ha she showed us how to make homemade "tortillas" which were actually tuna and onion and egg which was fried on the stove. Ha and was delicious- This family though is really so awesome! So the oldest son is a member, and he is so awesome. He is planning on going on a mission and is vraiment the example for his family, he's a baller. Anyway it was honestly so good just to spend time with them and we were able to teach Melina about the Book of Mormon and explain a little of the plan of salvation and she has meet a lot of missionaries but she told us that she really loves talking with us and we are telling her things she hasn't heard before. She said she would read in the Book of Mormon for the first time, and I am so excited:) 
Lots of other little miracles happening and we had a lot of people come to church! And we were able to see both martha and iriana and Seda this week! We have been trying to see them for a long time and it was awesome to finally see them again!! 

Then this morning we got Soeur lowder off on the train, man that was hard to say goodbye. She has become like one of my friends and I loved being with her, but I am so excited for this next transfer and to see what it is going to bring:) 
Love you all and hope you have a wonderful week! 
Je vous aime! 
Soeur soffe

Joys baptism 

Pedro and his mom 



Irina and seda


I love Soeur lowder!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment