Monday, September 19, 2016

Miracles and Rainy Days Week 13

Bonjour tout la monde!
I hope you have all had a wonderful week! This week has been great
and we are finally all settled into our new apartment! We got our new
roommates and they are super cute! We are excited to be living in a
four man, and one of the sisters is a new bleu so it's a lot of fun:)
It was sad to leave our Saléve ward last Sunday, we are close with
lots of the members. Annemasse, however is super stoked that we are
staying; we are too because we have the best ward ever!
This week turned from the heat of summer to rain storms everyday! One
day as me and Sœur smith were walking back from a lesson and all of a
sudden it starts pouring rain! Ha it had been sunny in the morning, so
neither of us brought our umbrellas and we ended up soaking wet! We
definitely felt like missionaries, ha it's a great thing that we both
love the rain!
One of the miracles that we had this week was that one of our less
actives got re-actived! Her name is Sœur Mouzo and we had passed her a
few times last transfer. Each time we had talked she told us that she
just didn't have time right now to come to church. Then one week she
just came to church by herself, and now she has come for the past
three weeks! The last lesson we had with her we talked about temples,
and know she is preparing to go to the temple! She is actually going
with the ward on Saturday to walk around the grounds. It's incredible
to see how she has changed with the spirit, in three weeks she changed
from wanting nothing to do with the church to begin fully activated!!
Miracles are so real people!
 The other miracle I have been thinking a lot about this week is le
don des langues, or gift of tongues. I really noticed it this week as
we were teaching Francois. For me le don des langues isn't that I can
suddenly speak amazing French, or I understand what everyone is
saying. Le don des langues for me is that when I am teaching and
testifying, I can see that my ami understands what I am saying and
that they feel the spirit. My French still has so many problems and I
have a lot I need to learn, but through Heavenly Father my
investigators understand and more importantly understand and feel the
Spirit! I have had a lot of days where I get frustrated and I am
frustrated that I am not understanding more, but I have learned that
the gift of this language comes slowly because I have to put my trust
in Heavenly Father! I promise you that little miracles happen
everyday! My frenchie challenge for you this week is to notice those
little miracles in your life everyday and thank your Heavenly Father!!
J'taime beacoup!
Sœur Soffe
Funnies of this week:
I almost got stuck on an elevator by myself, and it was terrifying. Ha
Sr. Smith finds my fear of elevators pretty funny:) She is nice though
and usually we take the stairs!
A member sent the two of us to the store to buy her wine to cook
risotto, oh la la France!


Gorgeous France 


After we got soaked in the rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment