Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Genève et Chamonix‏ Week 11

Bonjour ma famille et mes Amis!!
This week has been crazy, it's been awesome but we have seriously been
traveling all over our huge sector! This week started off with
exchanges with the STL's in Genève! We took a train up and started our
exchange Monday night. So I was on exchange with Sœur Brouillet, she
is actually from France, so she has been learning English on the
mission. I was nervous in the beginning, but I spoke French with her
the entire time and it was awesome I love her! We had a lot of trains
to take to get out to rendez-vous and

we had some awesome conversations talking about what it was like when
we received our mission calls and then the rendez-vous were all
awesome. We traveled out the Swiss country side to eat and meet with a
family and it was beautiful! We ended our exchange back in Genève and
contacted in a few different parks. There was actually quite a few
people who spoke English and I would get very excited to talk with
them:) It was super funny I stopped one woman telling her that we were
missionaries and she said sorry she didn't speak French as she walked
away, and I didn't realize and said Merci, Bonne journée! Ha Sr.
Brouillet just laughed at me and told me that she was speaking
English! It was a great exchange and I learned a lot from her, and
*fist bump* for French all day long (le don des langues is so real
people!).
The next day was Wednesday and zone conference, so we headed back up
to Genève. This zone conference was with President and Sœur Brown and
was the title of victory tour! It was so good hearing from everybody
and having our own captain Moroni moments. President had all of us
create our own title of Liberty. As I created mine I thought about how
we really are in a time of war right now, but we are the Warriors on
the lords side. Satan is attacking us all so much right now, so we
have to put on the amour of God each day so we at protected. I am here
to bring people to the savior and bring forever families to his side!
It is so important to be valiant as we try to follow the savior's
example, because when we are valiant and have our amour on it is then
that we can go help other people! We also got to do interview's with
president and it was so wonderful to be able to talk with him, I love
president so much! When we talked I told him how much I love getting
to serve and love people here and he made me promise never to lose
that on my mission. I know after talking with him that a forever
family is waiting in my sector to be taught- I just need to go out and
find them!
We have had other great lessons the rest of the week! Severine is
preparing for her baptism on this Saturday and it's so awesome. She
finished all of her interviews this Sunday and is getting super
excited. We also had a great lesson with Rose this week, she is the
cute grandma who sings and plays the harmonica! I love her she is like
our grandma, and she has been through a lot in her life. It's
wonderful to teach her about forever families and see how she is
starting to believe that she can live with her family again! I love
working with all of our Ami's and members in this awesome district.
So yesterday on Monday for p-day we got to go to Chamonix!! I was so
excited, the four of us took some early trains and traveled for about
3 hours to get there. The train rides were beautiful through the
mountains so I was very happy. The downside was that is was rainy and
cloudy so when we arrived in chamonix we couldn't see all of the peaks
or Mt. Blanc. It was still beautiful though and it seriously is a
beautiful ski village to walk through. When we go out to chamonix
there is a less active family we visit for lunch and it was really fun
to see them! I have decided that I will definitely be heading back to
chamonix, because the skiing seriously looks incredible.
It's been an awesome week and so much fun! My frenchie challenge for
you this week is to think about what makes you a valiant disciple of
Christ, and what you can do to be an example of a disciple to the
people around you! I love you all so much, and I know the lord loves
you so much too!
Thank you all for your love and prayers!
J'taime beaucoup!
Sœur Soffe


Vist to Chamonix  






Where's the snow and my skis


Zone Conference with President and Sister Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment