Friday, June 24, 2016

Week 1 - MTC

Bonjour ma famille et mes amis!!
Its crazy to think I haven't even been here three days, and the MTC is a major roller coaster. It's kind of like drinking out of a fire house, ha within the first hour I was in my classroom and my teacher only spoke french. Very quickly I learned that je ne parle pas francais. I absolutely love it here though, the spirit is so strong here, it is unlike anything else. I have a wonderful companion, her name is Soeur Robinson and I love her so much. We get a long so well, laugh a ton, and work really well together. She is going to the Paris mission, and its crazy but she actually went to SUU! I adore my district, we have another pair of sisters who I love, and then three sets of elders. I am the only sister going to Lyon and four of the elders are also going, everyone else is going to Paris. They are the ones who are in my classroom with me all day, which is going to be so great. Wednesday was kind of crazy getting settled in and running everywhere, and of course it was hard to say good bye. We actually got to teach some actual investigators; they had a huge group of us talk to them, and pass around a microphone. After one of the men had let us talk with him, me and my comp went and thanked him for coming and being so brave (and just basically got to know him). I really learned how important it is to let the people you teach know that you love them! When I go to France I want to be the kind of missionary who is friends with the people, and doesn't just think about numbers on a page. The people I am going to teach are beloved children of our heavenly father! Then Thursday was the serious roller coaster for me. We had class in the morning, and then my teacher told us that we are going to be teaching our first lesson en francais today! He told us a little about our investigator and let us go to work. It was hard, and at one point I was feeling really discouraged, I didn't know how I was supposed to teach, then my teacher shared a scripture with us that said Christ will be with us and hold us by the hand. Every single time I have had a doubt about why I am here or if I can do it, something has happened that has let me know I am exactly where I am supposed to be. So since today was P-Day we got to go to the temple and do a session, Blessings Folks! That was exactly what I needed, because everything is coming easier today. Me and the soeurs in my district are actually fasting today, and as we prepared our lessons today the French came so well and their were many times me and my companion both knew what our investigator needed to be taught. I know that there is power in fasting and prayer (even it is in jumbled french) Heavenly Father hears us and knows exactly what we need. I am so blessed and thankful to be apart of this work!
I love you all so much, and I have such a strong testimony of this gospel and my savior!
J'taime
Soeur Soffe
Companion Soeur Robinson

Between classes


Sister's in District

My District

No comments:

Post a Comment