Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Love from Lyon Week 36

Bonjour a tous!
        I hope you have all had a wonderful week! Time is flying by, I can't believe last week was the last week of the transfer! So me and soeur Lowder are staying together in Lyon, I am so excited I love Lyon so much and I am so excited to keep working with all of the wonderful people here! Last Monday was presidents P-day where all of the missionaries get to go to President's house, and we played volleyball and had lunch and just got to hang out! It was a lot of fun, and a great start to an awesome week!
        We have really had so many miracles this week, and some incredible lessons! The beginning of the week was a little bit slow but by the end literally miracle after miracle:) One of the funny lessons of this week was with Jaqueline, whose husband is a less active. We were teaching about the Priesthood and Temples and he was saying some crazy things (apparently he is also a part of a Catholic Church) and he was saying how Priests have the priesthood, and how he has lived the lives of his ancestors (he is all about reincarnation) Ha he is a little crazy, but I was so proud of Jaqueline because she was correcting him and understanding so well, she has been progressing wonderfully!
        On friday morning we got to go out to Vienne and see Martha, which was so good! It's been so awesome to be working with that family! Then that night we had an awesome lesson with another ami named Michelle,
and got to meet her whole family! And her sons were super interested to come to Samedi Sportif! Saturday though we really did have so many miracles! Me and Soeur Lowder both had the thought during planning to go and see a less active who we have tried to visit multiple times. We headed out to see her before Samedi Sportif, and she was there and let us in! She was so kind and is now interested in coming back to church! Then that afternoon we headed out to see Joy, so she is an ami of the elders who we are going to start teaching with them. She is from Nigeria and is kind of a refugee here, she is an English speaker and so kind. She is so humble, and its been really cool to see her start to accept the gospel. She said the cutest thing in church that she wants her two daughters to grow up like me and sr Lowder, to teach people and speak about God. I love her!
        Then the best part of the day, that night Frère Paran (our DMP) invited us over to his house for dinner. And when we get there Irina and Seda were there! Irina and Seda are a mother and daughter who are Russian refugees who I have never met but we have been trying to get in contact with them all transfer! It turns out there phone has been broken, but we finally got to meet them and we are going to start seeing them again! They have been through so much, that the faith they have in God is really so incredible! Really so many of the people we get to teach are such examples for me!
        I have been reading in Jesus the Christ, and this week I read about Christ's atonement. What's been amazing to me is that no matter how many times we study about the atonement there is always something new that touches me. The atonement is literally the greatest act of love that has ever been accomplished, and I am so thankful for my savior and what he did. What has really hit me this week is that Christ really wasn't accepting to suffer as much as he did, and multiple times during the garden he asked that the cup be taken from him, however he always finished by telling his father "not my will but thine be done." Christ suffered an anguish we can't begin to imagine, and he did it out of love for us and his father. He had to conquer Satan and all forms of sin but he did so, and he came out a victor. However if we look at Christ's life through mortal eyes it was a failure, that ended in his death; however we know better because we have eternal perspective. Because we have the knowledge about our Heavenly Father's plan for us we know that Christ performed the greatest act in history.
        I know that sometimes life is really hard, and no we will not always want to do the hard things. I know though that Heavenly Father knows better than us, and even during our trials we will never be alone. Christ already suffered alone, so we never have to be. Keep your eternal perspective, because amazing things are waiting for us, because of what our Savior has done!
        Sorry that was really long, but I am so thankful for my savior and I know that he lives and loves each of us so much!
        I love all you all so much, and I am so thankful for everything you do!
Je vous aime!
Soeur Soffe

Presidents P-day on Presidents Day.


Family I love!! The family Blackburn from Utah! They had us over last Monday
(comment from McKenna's dad...I love that Soeur Soffe's english is starting to sound like it's her second language..."Family I Love" instead of I love this family. Haha...that's awesome!


Castle ruins in a near by city of Vienne! Super cool!


Lyon, near the confluence of the two rivers that divide the city.




Lyon street








No comments:

Post a Comment